Are Your Eyes Not At Their Best?
Let’s face it, many Chicagoans spend hours a day on their tablet, phone, and computer. What many of them are realizing is that the hours of digital device use is leaving their eyes feeling worse for the wear. Computer and other digital screens create a lot of stress on our visual system, this stress translates into symptoms such as dryness, grittiness or a feeling like something is stuck in your eye, eye fatigue, burning or pain, watery eyes, and redness.
Some helpful tips
- The 202020 rule, every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break and stare at something 20 feet away
- Take a blink break, when on a digital device we blink less often and less completely, causing evaporation of our tear film, leading to discomfort.
- Filter harmful blue light using a screen cover or a lens coating for your glasses (and some contact lenses), blue light places tremendous stress on the eye as well as posing serious health risks to your eyesight.
- Wear computer glasses, which are specially designed for mid-distance vision, blue light protection, and anti-glare.
- Eat healthy, diets rich in fish and leafy greens keep your eyes happy!
- Visit your optometrist for yearly eye exams and to learn about the best way to keeping your eyes happy and healthy.
Visit our amazing eye care center and optical boutique in Lincoln Park, our staff, and eye doctors are happy to help you enjoy your vision without discomfort. We stock the latest contact lenses and designer frames to match your unique style and needs. For personal service choose Lincoln Park Eyes for your next eye exam or to pick up a new pair of computer glasses or designer frames.